Friday, November 10, 2017

Teaching/Learning Priorities: November 2017

Unlike other years, the curriculum is the least of my concerns this year as I'm always eager to dive in and update curriculum efforts to meet students' needs. This area of school life is going very well. The challenge lies in the teaching/learning environment and procedural/administrative tasks. So as I look ahead, here are the jobs to do.

Teaching/Learning Environment Updates
In the days to come, I'll rework the STEAM center, math supplies area, general supply areas, sign-in area, classroom library, sports equipment, and files areas. I'll try to do a little each day.

Procedural/Managerial Tasks
I'll reorganize the files and desk area to support better completion of all these expectations.

Curriculum
I'll continue on the good path set for math teaching/learning, and start our new science study as time permits for planning and execution.

This is a truly classroom-focused year with lots of needed time to update systems, organization, and materials to teach well. Onward.