Monday, September 11, 2017

Sunday Classroom Prep

A number of colleagues were in the school on Sunday organizing their classrooms and prepping for the week ahead. It is a typical occurrence at our school. I joined those colleagues yesterday to get a lot of heavy lifting done--the kind of set-up work that's almost impossible to do during a typical school day. I must say I'm happy that I made the time as now I'm returning to a more organized classroom--one where a host of new materials now have an accessible place.

There's still more organizing to do, but I'll likely do that project-by-project since most of the materials are related to the many science and STEAM projects we have planned.  After Friday's notecard challenge, I noticed the need for more team spaces so I moved the tables around to make those spaces, spaces we'll use today for the spaghetti-marshmallow challenge.

The next professional emphasis is related to paperwork and record keeping. Now that the students are here and they've returned a number of early school year forms, it's time to create a notebook of that information  and follow-up with students/families who have yet to bring back the forms. The school year is taking shape. Onward.