Thursday, September 07, 2017

Day Three: A Great Day of Teaching

After yesterday's disappointment and follow-up study/reflection, it was back to teaching and learning with my fifth grade students. I must say they were amazing today as we watched Jo Boaler discuss mathematical mindsets, share a wonderful Jane Yolen read aloud, and work on Google Draw Selfie projects. Then at night, it was Curriculum Night--time to share the classroom events and expectations with parents. I really enjoy giving the presentation with my terrific colleagues.

Tomorrow we'll dive into one of Boaler's floor-to-ceiling explorations, engage in the note card challenge project, work on the selfie projects which are just about finished, read aloud, and play some math games. Over the weekend, I'll chart out the next week's efforts.

I like positive days like this one--days when I can attend to the students with care. Onward.