Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Good Work

Sometimes I notice work that needs to be done, but work where there is little support.

I don't like to get involved in projects when the needed support for good work is not there.

Good work requires sufficient time and investment.

Some may believe that even if a job can't be done very well, it's still worth the effort. They may be right in this regard, but I know how frustrated I get when a job can only be done at a minimal level, rather than the rich level possible.

Perhaps this desire for depth and richness holds me back and perhaps holds others back too. If I could be satisfied with less, then maybe more could be done or a small project/investment could grow.

On the other hand, I know what happens when we make a deep, collaborative investment into an endeavor, project, or effort--the learning and result is incredible, leaving a long lasting effect.

Therefore, for the time being, I'll steer clear of initiatives that don't have substantial support or the investment needed for the depth I desire. It's just not who I am, but perhaps you can convince me otherwise.