Saturday, October 24, 2015

Midnight's Children: Looking forward to the Read

I just watched the film. So many beautiful words and images:

“I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done-to-me. I am everyone everything whose being-in-the-world affected was affected by mine. I am anything that happens after I'm gone which would not have happened if I had not come.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“To understand just one life you have to swallow the world ... do you wonder, then, that I was a heavy child?” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“We all owe death a life.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“Most of what matters in our lives takes place in our absence.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“What's real and what's true aren't necessarily the same.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“What you were is forever who you are.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“Things, even people have a way of leaking into each other like flavours when you cook.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

“...because silence, too, has an echo, hollower and longer-lasting than the reverberations of any sound.” 
― Salman RushdieMidnight's Children

Thanks to Goodreads for making such beautiful quotes quickly available.