Sunday, September 28, 2014

Visible, Transparent Innovation Protocols and Practice

Who makes up your organization's innovation team?

Is it a small group of individuals or does it extend to the entire organization?

How are the innovation ideas and practice shared?

What protocols lead that work?

I ask these questions today for a number of reasons.

First, my in-box is flooded with opportunities to try out and explore new learning tools. I'm only one person--I can't do it all, but I'm interested. I'm particularly interested when I see tools that I know to be good getting better, tools like Tynker, SimCityEDU, SumDog, Google Apps, UClass, Educanon, Flocabulary, LearnZillion, and more.

Some of these tools I bypassed after a quick look at stage one, and others were dismissed by colleagues and leaders. Some I embraced and use a bit, but want to explore more. We know that ed tools are continually undergoing evolution and many change dramatically and improve with time.

It's essential to stay on top of new tools, venues, and research, yet this takes time, commitment, and care.

As I think about my own innovation protocols and practice, I'm wondering about those protocols employed by other educators and educational teams.

How do you keep up with innovation streams so that you can teach all children well?

I'm curious.