Friday, September 26, 2014

The Voices of Many: Collaboration

Today is a day of many meetings and many voices.

Bright, young student voices and professional voices will be in my midst.

I want to listen, and I want to hear.

New ideas.

Analysis.

Questions.

Needs.

Understanding and Knowledge.

As an idea person, a creator of teaching/learning materials, my mind is busy and I am often working and living two weeks, two months, and two years ahead of where I am stationed.

But today, I want to be in the present. I want to acknowledge the creators, inventors, responders, and analyzers around me.

I know I'll learn a lot about personalized learning, the grade level program, English language arts activities, geography and maps, scripts and presentation, students teaching students, and Wonder.

A day of learning is a gift, and that's one reason why I like to teach.