Monday, May 12, 2014

Learning Design: Center Stage

Learning design is taking center stage in my career.  How can I synthesize materials, tools, strategies, standards, and students' needs and interests to serve students well? is the central question for my professional work.

What does this mean for my professional work and growth?
  1. Stay up to date with current research, tools, and materials?
  2. Keenly observe and respond to my students.
  3. Be aware of system, state, and federal mandates and standards. 
In real time that means attention to current learning:
  • TEAM Research
  • Coding
  • USA Tour
  • ePortfolios
The attention includes lots of student meetings, edits, coaching, and guidance. 

Summer means updating websites, reviewing standards, and organizing lessons, units, and scope an sequences.

This is my primary focus when it comes to teaching children well.