Thursday, February 28, 2013

Teacher Voice: A Successful Meeting

I had the big meeting.  It went well.  It felt good to share so many ideas that I've had for a long time.  I learned a lot too.

This morning we had a great PLC meeting too--lots of thoughtful discussion and learning related to student writing.

The changes and new ideas today as well the promise and potential so many wonderful tools and strategies hold demand that educators have sufficient time to thoughtfully collaborate, plan and use their voices when it comes to system decisions and issues.  These meetings are always best if the centerpiece is student learning because that's the reason for our work and the common thread we all share in schools.

I'm glad I used my voice.  I have a new outlook on my work and direction.  There's always a bit of growing pain when you face the tough issues head-on, but with the growing pains come promise of enriched work and effect.