Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Navigating the Rough Spots

The fact that I believe everything will turn out just great has somewhat halted my response to bumps in the road, detours and ruts.  Because I never expect they'll occur, I haven't figured out how to drive around the rugged crevices or gently through the jagged gaps. Ask my husband, I still barrel through those tire-wrenching cracks with a bang and sometimes a flat tire.

I'm simply getting too tired of using up that much energy, my own and others', for every rock and boulder in my path.

Hence, some new navigation rules.
  1. Everything doesn't turn out just great, at least not at the start.  So expect the bumps in the road.
  2. If possible, circumvent the rut, by being observant, noting the signs and making a plan.  Is that what they call diplomacy, negotiation or collaboration?  Must read a book about that--any titles?
  3. Then follow the plan, revise and head in the direction of the goal--see the bumps as sparks of enlightenment, refinement and fine tuning your direction.
That's a first step for re-stepping the rough spots.  Let me know if you have any other advice.