Friday, June 22, 2012

Promise 2012-2013

On Wednesday I met next year's class.  As I handed out their take-home packet, I asked each child to tell me about a learning experience that they had sometime in their life that was enjoyable and successful.  With story after story, students unveiled their collective learning profile.

How did these students love to learn?

They shared stories of field trips, drawing on the computer, research, computer games, books, writing, keyboarding, history, drama, puzzles and more.  I told them that I planned to incorporate their interests into next year's program.  I also reminded them that the reason I like teaching so much is the promise I see in their eyes for a better world, and that it is most important that they find what they love to learn about, and how they learn best.